Who we are
Our website address is: https://mariskaodendaal.co.za
I, MARISKA ODENDAAL, (hereinafter MARISKA ODENDAAL) respect and value your privacy and is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of the users of this website.
When we collect your personal information.
We collect personal information in the following circumstances:
- Visit our website or social media channels
- Log an enquiry on our website
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Participate in customer surveys or market research
- Contact us
- Give consent to a third party to send us personal information about you.
What personal information we collect.
MARISKA ODENDAAL considers all information that could identify you directly or indirectly as personal information:
- Data we automatically collect:
- browser information;
- duration of your visit;
- web pages you visit;
- hyperlinks you select;
- information about your connection, such as your IP-address.
- Personal data you provide (such as when subscribing to our newsletter or electronic enquiry):
- Information about your identity: name; address; postal code; place of residence; country; (mobile) phone number; email address; other personal information.
- Information about our commercial relationship, your enquiries or communication with us or third parties, your preferences and interest
- Technical information: IP address and navigation through our website
How we use your personal information.
We process your personal information on the following legal grounds:
- For the performance of a contract (for example subscribing to our newsletter):
- For the purpose of our legitimate interest, including marketing purposes
- For compliance with legal obligations
We process your personal information for the following purposes on the noted legal grounds:
- Website administration
- To provide you with relevant content
- To approach you to promote our products and related services
- To contact you via email, message or phone
- To understand how people are using our websites and related services and to improve our website, including website administration
- To personalise your experience, the content and advertisements on our website
- To manage your requests (including complaints, right to access, rectify, oppose and removal of personal information)
- To manage customer relationships, including newsletters, surveys, the processing of such information is made subject to your approval
- To comply with legal requirements based on law and regulation, and where appropriate for the prevention and detection of fraud.
Sharing of personal information:
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to third parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Your personal information may be shared with other domestic entities of MARISKA ODENDAAL for marketing purposes. If you do not want your personal information shared, you may send an email to email@example.com
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties, if we are required to do so by court, law or legislation (for example, holders of intellectual property, supervisory authorities, Tax and Customs administration, the police or other legal entities).
- We will not disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary and legitimate to protect the safety or rights of a third party or to protect our rights.
We will, for as long as your personal information is used, and for a period of 1 (one) year thereafter, keep a record of any third party to whom the personal information was disclosed, the date of disclosure and the purpose of the disclosure.
Retention of personal information:
We will retain your personal information for a period necessary to fulfill the purposes of processing of your personal information. Personal information linked to an account may be retained until the deletion of the account, and for a period of 1 (one) year thereafter, unless a longer retention period is required for our services, a dispute or as permitted by law.
We will delete and/or destroy any personal information which has become obsolete.
Protection of your personal information
We take reasonable organizational and technical measures to help secure your personal data and to help prevent unauthorized access, illegal processing or distribution, as well as accidental loss, modification or destruction.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Links to other websites:
Your rights you have over your personal information and data.
You have the right to access, rectify, limit, oppose and delete personal information about you. You can furthermore withdraw your consent at any time. You may submit this request to us by the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that we have inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date personal data about you, or if you suspect that we incorrectly processed your personal data, you may ask us at any time to correct that information. Through the abovementioned contact details or the displayed opt-out-possibilities you may object to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
You may request us to restrict the processing of your personal data.
You may also request us to transfer your personal data to another controller. Objections and insight requests, correction, deletion or transfer will be executed, in accordance with the law, notwithstanding exceptions, within 4 (four) weeks.
However, we reserve the right not to respond to manifestly unfounded or excessive requests.
If you have a complaint related to the processing of personal information by us, please submit your complaint to email@example.com. We will review complaints and questions within four weeks. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint, you may contact your national Data Protection Authority (‘DPA’) and file a complaint if your personal information is misused: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Essential cookies: those used to navigate the website necessary for the basic functioning of the website – these will always be enabled.
- Non-essential: Use of third-party cookies that assist in analysing and understanding your use of this website. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. You have the option to opt-out of these cookies, although by opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. These cookies are used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents.
The social media buttons on this website are links to specific social media pages. If you click on a social media button, your personal information will be processed by the specific social media service.
Most browsers allow users to reject all cookies providing a corresponding manual to reject cookies. Please bear in mind that the rejection of cookies may result in a non-functioning website.
Changes to our policy.
This policy was last modified on 29 June 2021.